The Diocese of Oxford supports the continuing ministerial development (CMD) of all its licenced clergy and LLMs (Readers). All full-time ministers are encouraged to set aside at least 5 days (pro-rata) for their personal ministerial development each year. The members of the CMD team are available to discuss CMD needs with individual clergy and LLMs when contacted. Included in the diocesan provision for CMD are:
- A programme of events hosted by the diocese;
- A resource library of past CMD events hosted by the diocese;
- Signposting to events and learning opportunities offered by trusted partner organisations;
- Information about taking an annual retreat;
- Funding (£250 per annum) offered by the diocese and links to other grant making bodies which support CMD;
- Learning opportunities in times of transition (see below)
- reflect in small peer groups on the key features of your new context;
- identify the challenges and opportunities;
- think about your plans for the future.
Please speak to your Parish Development Adviser if you would be interested in attending a New Posts Consultation.
The Revd Charles Chadwick
Parish Development Adviser (Dorchester)
01865 208 246
Parish Development Adviser (Berkshire & Oxford)
07741 736 480
The Revd Gill Lovell
Parish Development Adviser (Buckingham)
07391 416 089
Administrator in the Department of Mission & Ministry
In this section...
Information about the diocese's network of ministry accompaniers.
Continuing Ministerial Development (CMD) events in the diocese.
Information about grants for Continuing Ministerial Development.
Contact details and funding information for retreat centres within and outside of the diocese.
Information about sabbaticals and study leave for licensed clergy and Licensed Lay Ministers.
Guidance for new incumbants and details of the induction programme.
Resources for developing leadership skills.