The Revd Canon Felicity Scroggie recently announced that she will be stepping back from the role of Bishop's Adviser for Women's Ministry. Bishop Steven is praying about the next person to take up the role. You can read Felicity's latest letter here.
Until a new adviser has been found, Felicity is still happy to hear from you and to try and help with any issues that come up, so don’t be shy if you need to get in touch.
The role includes:
- Working at diocesan level on areas that affect ordained women: from recruitment and interviews, to maternity and anti-bullying policies, wellbeing and support systems, and encouragement for senior roles;
- Being available to individuals and advocating for them if necessary;
- Encouraging a supportive network for women across the diocese.
During her time in the role, Felicity's areas of concern and interest included:
- The stresses that COVID-19 has placed upon all of us and the support we need to come through as leaders and human beings;
- Exploring a diocesan menopause policy;
- Personal safety for women in the light of the murders of Sarah Everard;
- An annual conference/gathering day for diocesan women clergy;
- Establishing a network of contacts and support across the diocese.
“Very few of us work too little; most of us work too much, worry too much and feel too guilty."