Property & Land

Welcome to the section on all things property.

The aim of this introductory page is to guide you to the section relevant to your requirement.

Property ownership in the Church of England is complicated! There is no one body that owns all church property.

If you are uncertain of the ownership of a particular property, please contact the Property Department.

Out-of-hours emergencies for diocesan-owned property

Central heating, hot water or plumbing issues

Call Uniheat on 07802 900 153.

Electrics (e.g. loss of power after checking with local supplier)

Contact GA Electrical on 01491 835 875.

Blocked drains

If the drains are shared with your neighbours, check that they are experiencing the same issues. If they are, contact the local water authority, who are responsible for clearing blockages in shared foul drains. Contact details will be on the local authority website. 

If your neighbours are not experiencing issues, call OPC Drain Services on 01235 835 999.

Smell gas?

Call 0800 111 999. Find more information on the Gas Safe Register website.

At the earliest opportunity, please inform the Property Department of actions taken, and any cost incurred will be reimbursed on production of receipts.

Page last updated: Friday 19th January 2024 9:25 AM
Powered by Church Edit